FujiFilm Graphic Systems UK Aug ’97 to Aug ’99
International Systems Integration Group (ISIG)
Provided NT (Back Office Server) and Apple (OS 8 plus networking) support for internal and external offices World-wide.
Team player, involved with the design of a web based system integration data management and intelligent access archiving system – named ‘Valiano’ by the team.
A great success, as it help rake in UK£15Million worth of orders in one of the major exhibitions in Birmingham, UK.
Areas mainly; Pre-Press, Scanners, Film and Workflow applications – Midsystems Neptune Picture and File Management, Rampage Ripping Workflow system, Serendipity BlackMagic system, Tera Topic OPI and Web Browser solution.
Main platforms: Intergraph and Apple Mac G3’s… Other hardware include Bay networks, Switch hubs, Cisco Routers, ISDN, Xratex R9000 Raid. Also took care of the ISIG Internet website.
Reporting to the Manager of the International Systems Integration Group
Objective of Role: To specify and evaluate 3rd party products. To assist in the specification of workflow solutions and to evaluate these solutions. Write any necessary application notes for solutions generated by the group. Install, train and support local specialists for initial installations of solutions.
- · Travel within the UK and world wide in support of the groups activities.
- · Specify and evaluate 3rd party products.
- · QA ISIG group solutions.
- · Benchmark 3rd party, competitive products and solutions.
- · Manage supplier relationships for specific products.
- · Research and evaluate workflows for different market sectors and production requirements.
- · Write any necessary application notes for soluti0on generated by the group.
- · Install, train and support local specialists for initial installation of solutions.
- · Check compatibility between consumable products and electronic products.
- · Contribute to the shared knowledge base.
- · Minimum 5 years recognised print industry experience.
- · Minimum of 5 years or more experience in a DTP work environment.
- · Thorough knowledge of Quark and Photoshop packages essential.
- · Knowledge of Illustrator, Pagemaker or other DTP packages beneficial.
- · Knowledge of Sun Operating System with formal Sun Administrator training desirable.
- · Knowledge of Macintosh Operating System essential.
- · Knowledge of Microsoft NT essential..
- · Knowledge or experience of Imagesetters and RIPs essential.
- · Knowledge of Trapping and Imposition packages essential.
- · Experience of System Administration desirable.
- · Experience of generating and delivering training desirable.
- · Knowledge of networks desirable.
- · Some capacity to do basic hardware set-up and repair desirable.
- · Strong communications skills both written and verbal.
- · Excellent interpersonal skills and a good team player.
- · Adaptability and flexibility.
- · The drive, enthusiasm, initiative and ability to work to an end goal with minimum supervision.
- · Educated to ‘O’ level standard, OND, HND or higher.
- · Recognised print qualification or apprenticeship.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone with an enquiring mind who wants to be involved with the latest technology and be part of an international team delivering solutions to challenging problems.
- (32kb jpeg)
- (26kb jpeg)
- (29kb jpeg)