Tiverton, UK – 2014 to 2016
CDO – Digital Media and Web Management
- Company Group included Rotolok Worldwide, Solitec, Blo-Tech, Roots Systems, Sautelma, AMD Africa, EDL John-Quinn, Bush & Wilton, Sugar Ridge Antigua Hotel and Homes, Drakes-Island and a few others…
- Driven company growth by converting traditional ‘analog’ businesses to ‘digital’ while providing oversight to operations in the rapidly changing digital sectors including mobile applications and social media/related applications as well as virtual goods and ‘wild’ web-based information management and marketing.
- Successfully managed all aspects of the group’s global web sites, progressively developed them to a group common standard and format.
- Demonstrated an exceptional ability to speak multiple business languages (IT, Marketing, Finance) to foster a collaborative, company-wide commitment to digital strategies.
- Credited with setup and operation of a digital media studio for the purpose of processing and centrally storing material for global advertising of Rotolok’s wide range of products, in both hard and soft copy.
- Was directly responsible for creating and editing high resolution images and video clips, significantly increasing the effectiveness of marketing initiatives and recognized as a major step forward for future marketing efforts.
- Produced training videos, curated where required, edited and added voice-overs.
- Greatly enhanced product visibility online by pioneering the company’s introduction of 360 degree turntable-style filming of all standard products. Extended this for exhibition use.
- Analyzed the latest innovations, changes in competition and shifts in the market to devise successful business strategies for execution over multiple years.
In March 2014 Gavin proudly joined ROTOLOK a bulk handling specialist and Rotary Valves manufacturing company as Global Digital Media and Web Manager. He was also Sales Idealist for all Group Companies including ROTOLOK Worldwide, Solitec Engineering, Blo-Tech, Roots Systems, Sautelma France, AMD South Africa, EDL-John Quinn, Sugar Ridge Hotel Antigua, Sugar Ridge Homes, Bush & Wilton, Carolina Conveying, 4 Property Matters, Drake’s Island… sadly due to the owners sudden illness with advanced Alzheimer in 2016 Gavin found he had to take a career break. LINK
Gavin brought to ROTOLOK a wealth of experience and expertise, gained from a number of large multi-national corporations. It was part of Gavin’s duties to help the company drive growth by converting traditional “analogue” businesses to digital ones, and oversee operations in the rapidly changing digital sectors like mobile applications, social media and related applications, virtual goods, as well as “wild” web-based information management and marketing. Gavin also managed the group’s global web sites and progressively developed them to a group common standard and format. He had set up a digital media studio for the purpose of digitising and centrally storing material for global advertising of Rotolok’s wide range of products, in both hard and soft copy. The use of high resolution images and video clips, produced by Gavin, was seen as a major step forward for future marketing of ROTOLOK. Gavin came up with many new ideas which were a great benefit to ROTOLOK sales team.
Gavin’s profile on Bulk-Online click here…
|VIDEO – A powerpoint converted to video explaining briefly what Gavin does at Rotolok.
11 minutes, includes the corporate video, a sample research video and a turntable product video.
|iThemes Sync via a annual contract, a useful tool to monitoring a number of WordPress sites. Gavin uses this to keep an eye on some of the Rotolok Group websites, though it lacks some useful features.
note: the domain name BulkHandlingSpecialists.com site is actually owned by Gavin Brooks. (Gavin now own top SEO keyword RotaryValves.com).
|VIDEO – Project Manager/Digital Imaging for the ROTOLOK Corporate Video.|
|This is 1 of 6 ‘fun’ videos
Gavin organised in his own spare time at home.
|Video 2 of 6|
|Video 3 of 6|
|Video 4 of 6|
|Video 5 of 6|
|Video 6 of 6|
|ROTOLOK Exhibition India, all photo images and video presentations by Gavin Brooks.|
|ROTOLOK Exhibition Harrogate UK, images, presentations and videos by Gavin, including LED lit Rotary Valve idea, Pull Up Banners and modified cut-away Rotary Valve.|
|Gavin added LED effects to a working Rotary Valve Blower.|
|This shows Gavin researching wiring technigues for the LEDs, he also added a fan to create wind. Finally the RV was powerd by a Siemens bespoke 240 single phase to 400 volts triple phase system. Pretty effective!|
|VIDEO – A short video clip of a Gavin’s RV Blower with LEDs.|
|NOTE: Gavin’s videos and images can be found at ROTOLOK.com, BloTech.co.uk, Solitec.co.uk, Roots-Blowers.com, Drakes-island.com…. and more….|
|VIDEO – Here is a video of a Rotary Valve filmed and edited by Gavin on a custom made turntables that candle handle up to 500 KGS, one of his many marketing ideas.|
|Gavin, far left with inspectors and scientists on Drakes Island, (seen on local news and national newspapers).|
|In a local press.|
|Gavin designed several Pull Up banners showing ROTOLOK worldwide and Group Companies in the UK.|
|Gavin had the honour to be with Dan McCauley on his winning an International Company Of The Year Award.|
|Gavin doing a studio shoot of a Bush & Wilton easy clean Rotary Valve as seen on the landing page at bushandwilton.com.|
|Gavin in filming an easy clean Stainless Steel Rotary Valve on rails. Gavin uses a video slider to obtain professional effects. This was filmed and edited for a large client.|
|Gavin’s tidy Office…|
|…but soon becomes chaotic as he inherits more and more interesting work.|
|Here is a Double Dump valve being filmed via rails above that Gavin invented as a new marketing strategy in showing real products on a 360 degree turntable. Green backdrop is for transparency use.|
|Double Dump video (this is one of 24 turntable videos).|
|Meet some of the team: John ROTOLOK UK Factory Manager, Gavin CDO for ROTOLOK GROUP, Desmond Sales Manager ROTOLOK Singapore and Theo MD for ROTOLOK Africa.|
|A typical small advert, note use of placement and logo design to gain maximum exposure.|
|One of few workshop videos, filmed, curated and edited by Gavin.|
|Screen grab of a internal HD workshop video by Gavin.|
|Screen grab of a 2nd and improved look internal HD workshop video by Gavin.|
|Setup of the studio for the video workshop|
|Have my own Alienware laptop installed with Premier etc and a touchscreen. Alienware make the most powerful laptops on the market.|
|‘ROTOLOK GROUP’ company branded memory sticks were manufactured. In illustrator I created a ‘group’ logo which look good on theses memory sticks, actually it turned out to be so good I used the new look logo everywhere (e.g. pull up banners, powerpoints, etc).|
Gavin own a rare Rotary Valves perfect domain name which he procured himself because of his interest in the industry – visit his website: RotaryValves.com